Saturday, August 1, 2009

Conquer Thyself

Kevin, my amazing husband, participated in his first race today. He finished the "BairGutsman" in 3 hours and 35 minutes! For those of you who are not familiar with this race, allow me to enlighten you.
You start out in Fruit Heights, run to the Bair Trail which takes you to the radar towers up Farmington Canyon. You pretty much go uphill the whole way. I think it is something like 5,000 feet, and then run back down the other side. Crazy!!
I am so proud of Kevin! Most of us think of doing stuff like this, but we never do. He found about it online, signed up, and finished with a really great time. I wish I could do stuff like this, but I just don't have the motivation. I prefer swimming and yoga. Here is a picture of the radar towers at the top of the mountain. Im sure you have seen them on the to Salt Lake City.

3 comments:

Nate Wendt said...

Wow, congrats Kevin! I'm with you Heidi, I am much too lazy to drag myself to do these things, instead I just sit and think about doing them.

Carly said...

i would be glad to make some things for you to give your sister. let me know what you have in mind :)

sara and wade said...

congrats kevin! that is a great time and it sounds like it was a hard run! way to go! i can't believe how big sophia is... holy cow! she's growing so fast! you look great heidi... love the hair!